Dear Parents and Patients,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months and all of us are looking forward to resuming our “normal” habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same - our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has aways been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- You’ll be asked some screening questions prior to being seated in the clinic.
- We will have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in our reception area as well as other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys or books, and so forth as those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you as well as reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
Thank you for being our part of our orthodontic “family”. We value your trust and loyalty –
We look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Karvandi, Dr. Sayre and the whole ortho team
More than 40 years of experience means Karvandi & Sayre Orthodontics is one of the leading orthodontic practices that serves the Missoula, Hamilton, and Polson, MT communities. More important than our experience, however, is the level of dedication we give to our patients and their successful treatment. Through thorough education and open communication, we enable patients to make the best decision about their oral health and smile.
Dr. Jeffrey Karvandi and Dr. Fred Sayre, along with our exceptional team, provide the highest quality of orthodontic services in a warm and compassionate way. Whether you are interested in traditional braces, clear aligners, or lingual braces, you can rest assured that your overall experience will be at the forefront of our minds.
We believe it’s crucial for you to choose a practice where you’ll receive state-of-the-art treatment that’s delivered by a team you trust. This is why we offer complimentary orthodontic consultations at our three locations in Missoula, Hamilton, and Polson, MT. If you are interested in orthodontic treatment for yourself or your child, please feel free to give us a call!
Dr. Karvandi, Dr. Sayre, and our team look forward to meeting you. It will be our pleasure to help you achieve a beautiful, lasting smile you’ll share with confidence.